Monday, February 14, 2011

Crippie Explains Why She Is a Cripple

Greetings,


Since a main focus of this blog is going to be me dealing with my disability, I should probably mention why I'm a cripple. Ready for the laundry list readers?


1- Multiple Hereditary Exostoses (MHE)
What is it- A genetic disorder that causes benign tumors to grow on your bones.
What does it cause- Pain, fatigue, limited mobility, possible mental side effects.
Is it curable- Nope, the only treatment is pain medicine and surgery. I've had 10 of them.
Will it go away/get better- Nope, if anything I'll get worse with age.


2- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD)
What is it- A chronic illness that involves nerve damage.
What does it cause- A whole lotta pain, more pain, insane amount of pain, hypersensitivity.
Is It curable- Depends on when you catch it.
Will it go away/get better- It can go into remission but it never really "goes away".


3- Early On-Set Osteoarthritis
What is it- A chronic illness that involves swelling of the joints.
What does it cause- Pain and restricted movement.
Is it curable- It's treatable.
Will it go away/get better- No, it will probably get worse with the natural aging process.


So those are the main diseases that I have. They definitely impact my everyday life. I walk with a cane because tumors in my hips are slowly pushing them out of socket and arthritis is destroying what cartilage I have left there. Pain and restricted mobility have always been and always will be a part of my life. I guess after 20+ years of living like this I'm getting used to it. I'll post in future posts how I cope.


Crippie's Tippie Of The Day- Don't underestimate how heavy a cane can be. My cane is really heavy, piss me off and feel my wrath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...