Friday, April 19, 2013

HAWMC - Vintage Crippie

Ohai

First off... my thoughts and prayers are with the people of Boston and Texas :(

Yup... weather got the best of me. I'll do a big blog post of all the prompts I missed when I have a chance (probably tomorrow)

On to today's prompt! Post a vintage photo of yourself, with a captain about the photo and where you were in terms of your health condition.

Alrighty, hard to believe it... but this picture is 14 years old.

Where was I in terms of health? Well, I couldn't walk. I had just had my first surgery and complications kept me in constant pain and I was unable to walk for about a year. Fun part about this picture is that you can't see how much pain I was in. My leg would throb and burn whenever it was down like that, and judging by the splint I'd say this is within the first week or two after surgery, when things reaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllyyyyyyy freaking hurt. So yeah... fun times...

Crippie's Tippie - If you're using a walker or crutches, Beanie Babies do not provide decent cushioning. I'd go with a towel, or me thinks that companies make gel cushions for those now. 

1 comment:

  1. You were an adorable child - and still are adorable. I'm so sorry you had to be in so much pain tho. It's hard enough to understand pain as an adult, but it's not fair for a child. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...