Saturday, May 14, 2011

Raising The Canes

Greetings!

Today was my Raising Cane BFA exhibit! Sorry I wasn't able to post progress shots, but chronic fatigue and setting up an installation don't leave much time for blogging. I figured I'd post the progress shots now (better late than never... right?)


Me being happy with the progress.









It's not that I don't trust people... it's that I just don't trust people.














14 FOOT SCAFFOLDING!!! I wasn't able to climb it, but this is when friends and family come in handy.

I am very lucky to have friends and relatives that are willing to conquer their fears of heights for me!



The final product on the end of day one, it ended up changing quite a bit, but still. This was the beginning of my installation.

I will post more pictures of the actually exhibit when I upload them to my computer. Tonight I feel like relaxing and watching stupid things on the internet.

Now, in addition to making the canes, I also wrote a book. The book focused on my reasons behind the project, my experiences with using mobility aids, and how I physically did my project. I have some exciting news... my book is available for purchase (and in PDF form for the eco-concious among us)!!! The book can be obtained HERE.

Crippie's Tippie- BUY MY BOOK... lol just kidding. My real tippie is try not to be ashamed about asking for help. I know it sucks when you can't physically do something, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Crippie!

    Your energy is amazing.

    Anyway..Just dropping by.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...