Saturday, March 17, 2012

LOL... You Can't Do That!

Top of the Mornin' To Ya!

HAPPY SAINT PATRICK'S DAY EVERYONE! Crippie was talking in her impressive Irish accent all day, even though Crippie is exactly 0% Irish. I hope all of my readers had a safe and happy holiday. Crippie has actually had a very good couple of days... kinda shocking actually. Why? Because holidays like St. Pattie's day focus on parties and drinking. Days like this remind Crippie she can't do those things. For those just joining us, Crippie's medications and alcohol do not mix. Crippie also has some... "social anxiety" issues I guess, so parties are not fun at all.
Normally I don't think about my total inability to do certain activities until that activity is shoved in my face. So what does Crippie do when faced with these super depressing scenarios? First, even when being reminded of my inabilities I don't dwell on them. Maybe I'm just really used to not doing things, but I usually just go "Oh well... that sucks" and continue on with my business. Second, I look on the bright side of it. Tomorrow I can guarantee that I will see at least one facebook status along the lines of "omg I was so wasted last night I literally puked emerald green" when I see this status I will laugh and say something like "LOL SUCKS FOR YOU BITCH!" Sometimes you gotta realize that there are positive aspects of not being able to do something, it might not seem good at that moment but the good exists. Last but not least I remember that I can do things that others can't. I know I've had opportunities and experiences that others would have loved to have, so it makes sense that I feel both ends of the spectrum.
Wanna hear a perfect example of this? Crippie went to see a local production of "Cats" today with her family and a family friend. Crippie's family is full of "theatre nerds". We all love the theatre, and several of my relatives act, sing, dance, all that jazz (snaps to anyone who got that joke). Apart from the fact that my crippledness keeps me from dancing Crippie is a terrrrrriiiiiiibbbbbbbbbblllllllllleeeeeeeeeee singer. To put it in perspective I make Rebecca Black sound friggin awesome. Let's just say that these factors have kept Crippie off the stage. Seeing this show could've made Crippie all sad and full of self pity, but then I stepped back and looked at the bigger picture. I said "Ya know what, you may never be able to be in a show like Cats, but seeing as how this show has no damn plot and how awful the songs are... that's probably a good thing." Ultimately Crippie had a awesome time with her family and friends watching a really good production of a really horrible show. Sounds so much better than getting wasted at a pub!
And sorry if Crippie offended any of her readers by saying Cats was a horrible show, but it really is! Seriously, if any of my readers actually like that show and understand it's plot, please post it in the comment section. I really have no idea what that show was about...

In other news Crippie is super excited for tomorrow. I'm not gonna tell you why though, I guess you're just gonna have to tune in tomorrow ;) Also, speaking of partying... Nellie partied a little too hard today, I guess she really got into the holiday spirit



Crippie's Tippie - I probably say this a lot, but oh well. FOCUS ON THE POSITIVE. You will seem like a Debbie Downer if constantly focus on the bad in your life and refuse to see the good.

3 comments:

  1. Oh no poor Nelly. What a cutie she is. You have the most wonderful attitude crippie of anyone I have ever met. I had to laugh when you made the comment about Broadway show CATS. ha ha actually it was one of my favorite musical. There is no plot to it so I can understand why you have trouble with it. I liked it because of the music and well because I like cats. The performers were all so real in their appropriate portrayal of a cat. I just found an amazing. We were big theater goers too,and really enjoyed all of the ones that we have seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I never thought about it, but you're so right about Cats! I love the dancing and Grizabella...but the songs go on FOREVER!
    I had the same thoughts about St. Pat's day...meds+alcohol= NOT good! So, I was an observer of "amateur night" and quite content. Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do agree with all of the concepts you have offered to your post.
    They are very convincing and will definitely work. Still,
    the posts are too quick for newbies. May you please extend them a
    little from next time? Thank you for the post.
    My page - Inscriere in peste 2300 pagini - Promovare web

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...