Monday, February 25, 2013

Crippie Acts Completely Out of Character

Ohai Everyone!

I hope everyone had a marvelous Monday. Mine was alright, full of the usual pain and discomfort that January and February have brought me, but otherwise no complaints. I do have a fun story to tell y'all though... a refreshing break from me talking about being in constant pain for the past few months.

Well, as you all know the past two months have kinda sucked... a lot. So what did Crippie do about it? Believe it or not I spent Thursday night getting fairly drunk with my coworkers. You see, I was at a party for all the employees at my office (YAY social life points), and I was allowed 2 free drinks, whatever my little heart desired. Normally I do not drink alcohol, partly because it doesn't mix well with my rather strong narcotics, and partly because I just don't enjoy the taste of it. Believe it or not I actually decided to have a drink, not just any drink... a relatively strong one at that. Usually when I drink I dilute the crap outta whatever I'm having, and get a buzz at most. For some off reason I thought a chocolate martini sounded tasty. What can I say, the thought of chocolate milk with lots of alcohol in it intrigued me... plus, it was free. How can I say no to free alcoholic chocolate milk?!?!? So, I consumed an entire chocolate martini in a relatively short span of time AND on an empty stomach. Yup, I'm brilliant. At least I had water too so I was hydrated. I was pleasantly surprised at how I actually found the alcoholic chocolate milk to be tasty. I guess there was enough chocolate syrup and liquor to drown out the nail polish remover taste. Well, about a quarter way through the beverage I either stopped hurting or stopped caring about the constant discomfort. I had a great time being social and being slightly inebriated (YAY social life points), not to mention I had the opportunity to consume some tasty noms. Needless to say, Thursday was a much needed break in what has been a really crappy  few months, I got to be a VERY social creature, AND I acted completely out of character.

CHOCOLATE BOOZE!!!! 
Slightly inebriated Crippie  
Freakin' Awesome Desserts 
And on a completely unrelated topic, since some of y'all were curious about how I did my nails with those polka dots... I used a dotting tool to draw the polka dots on. Funness. Toothpicks and old ball-point pens also suffice. I used painter's tape for the design below if you're wondering. If you're also wondering why on earth I would spend time doing stuff like that... it helps me concentrate on something other than the pain. You really need to focus if you don't wanna screw up your manicure ;)

Tape Mani while showing off my dotting tool. It doesn't make sense, but whatever
And on ANOTHER unrelated note, to make up for my still irregular posts... here's some sleeping animals.
SLEEPY FRIDA!  
Helen is all snuggled up and adorable
Crippie's Tippie - If you're like me and take heavy duty narcotics, drink in extreme moderation and make sure you sober up before you take your meds. NEVER MIX ALCOHOL WITH PAIN KILLERS. EVER. 


3 comments:

  1. At last! Have to learn how to make those drinks at home. Maybe we won't need pain pills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mariodacat mentioned you so I came avisitin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well well well. Interesting post and an interesting Blog. I am a crippie from a mean nasty lady in a mini van who decided that big motorcycle guy was in her way. Ah well... From carrying refrigerators to struggling with a bag of groceries... So keep getting those plus social points. I suck at that. But I sucked at that before I was a one legger with free metal bits insidee. So I have cats. And a Cat Blog.
    Say Hi Timmy
    Timmy "Hi Timmy"
    Funny
    And do not mix those meds with ETOH m'lady.

    OH Durn Capchakaka

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...