Friday, October 26, 2012

Sandy Land

Why Hello There!

Hurricane Sandy...  yeaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh

I seriously hope that all you guys stay safe and sound over the next couple of days. I live in New York and will probably be on high alert from Sunday through Tuesday night. Well, this certainly explains why I've been in so much pain over the past few days... I CAN PREDICT HURRICANES... YAY ME!!!

But in all seriousness... this Hurricane has the potential to suuuuucccccccckkkkkkkk. Personally, I live on a road with tall trees very close power lines. Hurricane Irene took out one of our trees last year, and the freakin' Halloween snow storm took out some more of 'em. If y'all could sending "STAY WHERE YOU ARE" vibes to my remaining trees it would be greatly appreciated. 

I figured since we're dealing with the "storm of the century" I'd make a quick little checklist of things cripples, guinea pigs, and dogs need.

CRIPPLES
- YOUR MEDICATIONS
- Disposable heat or ice packs, hand warmers might also benefit 
- If need be, use glow in the dark tape to mark things in your house (canes, doorways, whatever) 

GUINEA PIGS
- Enclosed Hiding places (they need them for warmth)
- Fleece (also warmth)
- Food & Hay for at least a week. If you are running low, Oxbow brand pellets and hay are acceptable
- Disposable Hand warmers (if it gets insanely cold you can wrap one in a sock and put it in their cage)
- If possible, move pigs away from windows, etc
- Bedding, if you use fleece you might wanna pick up some extra because you might not be able to wash it. If you use carefresh I recommend Kaytee Clean and Cozy. 

DOGS
- Food 
- Coats (if necessary)
- Puppy pads, newspapers, extra paper towels, baggies, garbage bags... anything you might need in the event that it is too dangerous to walk your dog. 

There ya go, I like how most of my tips are for guinea pigs... lol. I really hope that nothing terrible happens to in this storm and that each and every one of my readers makes it through safely. I'm sending "PLEASE DON'T LET ANYTHING BAD HAPPEN" vibes to y'all.

Crippie's Tippie - Don't do anything stupid that might jeopardize your life over the next few days

2 comments:

  1. I'm wishing the same for all our friends out East. It's a terrible storm and we want everyone to stay safe. I know you'll take good care of your piggies too. One has to feel sorry for the animals that don't have homes. What horrible conditions to be outside in. Thoughts & prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in as I'm worried about some of my East Coast friends - you are one of them. I'm hoping that the worst case for you is lack of power (which can be bad enough. I've been on Twitter a lot in the past two days and watching every segment of TV that I can find. It's a mess out there. I can only pray that all my friends are safe. Some have reported in, but a couple of have not yet. We do hope and pray you are okay.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...