Thursday, December 6, 2012

Older Than I Once Was, Younger Than I'll Be

YAY Simon & Garfunkel reference!

Wow, I suck at the whole "blog every day thing". Something tells me posts are gonna be a tad sporadic this month. I've been crazy busy, and all of my spoons are used up by the end of the day. Kinda have to choose sleep over blogging right now. I could try to blog when I'm absolutely exhausted... someone might find it entertaining.

Continuing on, on Tuesday I turned 24! I'M OLD... er. Most of my birthday was spent at work. Overtime is the best present a girl could ask for. Once I eventually got home I had a nomerful dinner with the family, opened my cards and pressies, nommed on chocolate cake, and then promptly passed out because I was exhausted. Even though I was tired as hell, I had an awesome day.

My dad left a balloon in my car <3

"The Walking Dead" themed birthday... HELL TO THE YES! And yes, I totally wore that shirt to work.

Yup, theme birthdays are awesome. When I was 16 I had a mini-cooper themed birthday (I still think those cars are the bee's knees). Today was my day off of work, so I got to officially celebrate my birthday. I got to spend some quality time with my mom. We had nomerful Nathan's Hotdog Nuggets and I scored some nifty nail polishes with thanks to awesome birthday coupons. Seriously, I have a nail polish addition. Again, by a lot of people's standards my birthday succkkkkkeeedddddd. Those people can shove it up their ungrateful asses. Any birthday where I'm not sitting along crying is a good birthday in my books.

Random general tip, I don't know if y'all remember but in the past I've mentioned that I do not have the attention span to read a book. Unless I am forced to read something I don't. That being said, I am a HUGE believer in graphic novels. Oodles of pictures and a fast moving pace. So if like reading but you totally suck at it, I totally recommend graphic novels. My favorite non-zombie filled one is "Persepolis" by Marjane Satrapi, it's about the Iranian Revolution. Awesome book right there.

Also, since Hanukkah is coming, I'll be going into Jew-ey mode. So if any of you guys have any questions for me please ask away!

Crippie's Tippie - Perspective! It helps you realize that your seemingly terrible situation is no where near as bad as you think it is :D

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you Crippie. Sorry it had to fall on a work day. There should be a law against that or it should be legal paid holiday - ya that's it - a legal paid holiday. Sorry I've been missing, but D has been sick, Christmas coming, etc. etc. etc. etc! Have you ever tried books on tape from the library. If you like reading books, but cam't, that is one way of doing it. I don't know if it;s even called "tape" anymore, but maybe a CD now or something. I have a couple of friends who have trouble reading too and that's what they do. Take care of yourself - the nasty flu is all around!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh noes, hope you guys are feeling better :)

    I tried audiobooks when I was in high school. It was easier to focus... but I had trouble staying awake enough pay attention. Maybe it's because I was reading Oedipus on tape... who knows

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...