Friday, June 3, 2011

Distractions, Wonderful Distractions

Ohai,

I'm having a bit of a flare up tonight. It feels like there is a giant weight in my hip. Arthritis is a bitch sometimes. Essentially I'm blogging right now to distract myself. I'd figured I'd make a list of my favorite current distractions.

1) The Sims- Gotta love the Sims, focus on some virtual person's problems and not yours. Plus they just released a new expansion pack which occupied most (what am I kidding... ALL) of my day. Also you get to set things on fire, as I've said before setting virtual things on fire always makes me feel better.

2) Failblog.org- Schadenfreude (happiness at the misfortune of others) is alive and well and I'm loving every minute of it. What can I say, looking at idiots makes me feel better about my own life.

3) Netflix.com- Currently I've been into watching "The Twilight Zone" (the original series FTW), so whenever I'm not exactly comfortable I can go either on my computer, phone, or TV and watch the episode where the guy breaks his reading glasses.

4) 99designs.com- Sometimes just focusing on work is the best distraction. I distract myself by trying to get freelance work.

5) collegehumor.com- Yes, I find this stuff freakin' hilarious, shut up.

And if you're wondering why I'm not mentioning "BOOKS" in this, I have no attention span for reading. The pain would be too distracting. One of these days I'm gonna make a tally of how many books I have... and how many of them have no pictures.

Crippie's Tippie- As far as finding good distractions, whatever you can totally immerse yourself in... do it



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...