Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'll Bust A Capsaicin In Yo....

Sup

Last weekend I went on a super quick vacation to Tennessee. Whilst in Cracker Barrel, one of the greatest restaurants of all time I came across this...

This has to be the shnazziest pain relieving liniment I've ever seen. Maybe it's just the graphic designer in me, but I wouldn't be ashamed to have this in my medicine drawer. Alas I did not obtain this product. I chose not to because the main ingredient is capsaicin. It's not the capsaicin doesn't work. Quite the contrary actually. I use it when I have really bad nerve flare ups. The problem I have with capsaicin is that it burns like a mofo after coming into contact with water. I used it once on my leg and took a shower several HOURS later. There was a burning sensation on my leg as soon as it hit the water. It took several hours and lots of ice for it to go away. Thinking it was just a happy coincidence I still used capsaicin after that. One day I washed my hands hours after putting capsaicin on my fingers, naturally my fingers start burning. It took a fair amount of menthol to get them to stop. So now I use capsaicin veeerrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyy gingerly and I make sure not to come into contact with water for at least a day. Also, you do NOT want this stuff anywhere near your eyes, bad things happen. But ultimately I chose not to buy it because I am a broke ass college grad.

Crippie's Tippie- If you need it, capsaicin works. But be prepared to FEEL THE BURN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...