Sunday, November 11, 2012

Insomnia For Gummies

Ohai

I hope everyone had an excellent Veteran's/Remembrance Day, may we never forget their sacrifices.

One day in and I'm already ignoring blog prompts... lawlz. Today's topics didn't quite inspire me. Besides, I have a better topic to discuss!

As some of y'all might remember I have been having a rather unpleasant bout with insomnia over the past few months. Honestly, I've had difficulty sleeping for as long as I can remember. When I was a kid I had terrible thoughts that would keep me up, solved by a TV in my room. When I was a teenager I was in too much pain to sleep, solved by a memory foam bed. In high school and parts of college I took Advil PM or Tylenol PM... they helped me sleep until I became immune to them. I got used to not being able to fall asleep and just kinda dealt with it until recently. While I was recovering from my surgery I had no reason to get up at any specific time so what sleep schedule I had got totally out of whack. I was falling asleep at 5 in the morning and waking up some time in the late afternoon. That was the straw that broke the cripple's back. I needed to do something about this whole sleep thing... STAT!

What to do though? I didn't want to take Ambien or anything like it, cause that stuff can royally mess you up. I recalled someone I know taking melatonin to help them sleep, so I went to CVS to see what was at my disposal. At first it seemed like there were so many choices of sleep aids, then I saw it... GUMMIES! Yes, melatonin gummies. Needless to say that me, being the mature adult that I am, bought the gummies.


So that night I took the recommended dose of 2 gummies. If any of y'all are wondering about the taste... they taste good enough. I prefer these over pineapple flavored gummy bears if that means anything. After a little while I started to feel tired. Not a "I'm stoned off my ass tired", just a normal tired feeling... which was a pleasant surprise. When I got tired enough to where I put my head on my pillow I was asleep within ten minutes. That's practically unheard of for me! I spent the next couple of days experimenting with timing and all that fun stuff. I found that if I take two gummies around 9pm I'm usually asleep by 2am (that sounds late... but that's pretty damn good for me). I've been taking the gummies every day for a little over two weeks and I've noticed a massive change in my sleep schedule. I've been falling asleep earlier, faster, and waking up in the morning has been sooooooooooooooooo much easier. The only "side-effect" that I've noticed is that I had some crazy-ass dreams for the first few days. My personal favorite melatonin-induced dream was that I was at a party, and then all of the sudden someone there tried to assassinate Natalie Portman... yeah... maybe it means something?

Me thinks it means that these gummies are freaking awesome. I really like how it just helps me get tired naturally, and when I do feel tired I don't feel like I'm drugged. Maybe one day I'll mess around with doses... but for now I'm pretty content.

Crippies Tippie - Gummy Vitamins are freaking awesome, regardless of your age

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...