Thursday, November 24, 2011

NHBPM- Tommy Tumor

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!
May the Light of Love by David Roth on Grooveshark

I figured I'd start this out post out with my favorite Thanksgiving song (apart from Alice's Restaurant, but no one would stay on my screen for 20 minutes to hear it). Crippie wishes all of her readers a happy and healthy holiday. I'll spending the holiday with some of my relatives in New Jersey, OBOI.
I find it a little weird that today's blog prompt has nothing to do with Thanksgiving at all, but it's still very enjoyable nonetheless. My Mascot! Give your condition, community, or self a mascot. Who is it? What do they represent? What is their battle cry?


True story, Crippie made a mascot for her condition yeaaaaaaarrrrssssssss ago. I was making a comic for a magazine that www.mheandme.com releases every couple of months and I created a character named...
Who is it- Tommy Tumor is a fun loving tumor that always manages to have part of it's tumor self chopped off in one way or another. Technically he is a malformed bone with tumors on it.
What does it represent- *tries to sound like an artist who knows what they are talking about* Tommy Tumor is a lighthearted metaphor for for someone with MHE who has to have what seem like constant surgeries to remove their tumors. 
What is their battle cry- See the video below...

There ya have it folks. My diseases mascot is a tumor that sings the "I'm a Tumor Song". I'm so deep and metaphorical, it blows my mind sometimes.

Crippie's Tippie- Enjoy your Thanksgiving and remember to be thankful for EVERYTHING you have! 

Tommy's Tippie- IMMA TUMOR IMMA TUMOR IMMA TUMOR IMMA TUMOR IMMA TUMOR... OH OH OH IMMA TUMOR! 

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...