Monday, November 7, 2011

NHBPM- Things That Piss Off Crippie

Sup?

I hope everyone had a good weekend, let's aim for a good Monday. Speaking of Monday, today's NHBPM topic is..
Case of the Mondays. Write about something that gets you down, burns you out, or makes you sad. Purge it in a blog post. Turn it around at the end. Tell Tuesday why you’re ready for it.
Alrighty, ready for a Crippie rant? If this offends anyone I'm sorry, feel free to counter rant me in the comment section. If you wanna agree with me in the comment section you can do that too ;)
<StartRant>
Okay, there are times when "normals" burn me out and in general piss me off. When I hear a normal person complain about really mundane things I get really aggravated. It feels like "how dare they complain, do they not know how lucky they are?" or "puh-lease do you have any idea of how much I go through?". I rarely tell said normal this because they really won't get it. It pisses me off they won't realize how good their lives are until something horrible happens and they will lose something. They don't know what they have and how lucky they are to have it. I'm probably rambling a little bit so here's a quote from Disney's "The Hunchback of Notre Dame" that pretty much sums this part up...

Out there among the millers and the weavers and their wives. Through the roofs and gables I can see them. Ev'ry day they shout and scold and go about their lives. Heedless of the gift it is to be them. If I was in their skin I'd treasure ev'ry instant


I do my best not to complain about my health because I know that there are so many people who are worse off health wise than I am. I NEVER complain about my parents because I know how good they are, regardless of how I might get annoyed from time to time. (mini-rant I HATE when teenagers complain about their parents, unless your parents are literally abusing you in some way, shut up, they know more than you do). I know that things can always be worse, so I feel weird whining about something that isn't terrible. 
</Rant>

So, knowing that things can be worse also helps me deal with this little bit of frustration. When you think about it of all the things in the world that could bum me out this is not bad. It's not like people are actually being rude to me. No one is intentionally (as far as I am aware) doing this to make me mad. Would it be nice to hear more normals talk about the things they are thankful for, sure? But I still love my normals very much and it's gonna take a whole lotta bitchin' for me to really dislike someone. 
Why am I ready for Tuesday? Because I am thankful that I have somewhere to go. I have my lovely job and my car to get me back and fourth. When I come home I have a very supportive family waiting for me and some very hungry pets waiting for attention and food. How can I complain about something like that! 

Crippie's Tippie- Don't wait till Thanksgiving to realize you're grateful for something.

This post was written as part of NHBPM – 30 health posts in 30 days: http://bit.ly/vU0g9J 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT - and TOTALLY get it. When we who aren't "normals" do complain then we kind of feel like an ass for doing it because - as you say - it is worse for many other people and it could be worse for us. Having something wrong is a great way to learn to appreciate what all is right. Some people who have never had anything go SERIOUSLY WRONG in their life don't get it and therefore complain about trivial things. Perhaps one day they'll learn. In a way I don't want them to because that would mean that something really bad happens to them, and I don't wish bad things on (most) people. Folks like us have a gift - albeit one we didn't ask for - of true perspective, and part of that perspective is knowing that there are perspectives other than our own.

    I happened to just write about something that irks me. Check it out when/if you're so inclined.

    http://afternoonnapsociety.blogspot.com/2011/11/just-because-i-have-same-disease-as-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone once told me she knew how i felt....because she had pink eye. Um....first of all, that's not nervous system related. Second of all....what?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...