Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Pain Wars!

Sup Everybody!

Tzena, Tzena, Tzena by Pete Seeger on Grooveshark

I hope all of my readers had a terrific Tuesday. Crippie's day went rather well, I had work and I took care of the pets... nothin' special. Let's move on to Crippie's Jew song of the day shall we. Today's song has absolutely nothing to do with Passover, but it's one of Crippie's favorite Jew songs. I love "Tzena, Tzena, Tzena" because a) the chorus is super easy to memorize b) Pete Seeger... nuff said.

Continuing on to actual cripple related stuff, Crippie had a very interesting conversation with her co-workers a few days ago. I'm not sure how it happened but somehow or another we got into a "Pain War" where everyone described the most pain that they've ever been in and we then decided who's was worst. Crippie's coworkers where telling tales of scratching their corneas and sinus surgery. Generally speaking I love winning competitions like this. It might seem weird, but if I'm gonna suffer I better win a damn contest for it. Crippie could've easily won this competition by saying "NERVE DAMAGE IN MY LEG. A YEAR'S WORTH OF PAIN. I WIN" but I didn't. Crippie lied and said that getting a tattoo on my ribcage was the most painful thing I've ever experienced. Why? Well, no one at work knows why I'm a cripple, and if I said that I'd kinda have to tell them why. Also my coworker's pains were very much temporary, and thus there is no real pity there. If Crippie said "oh yeah, I had nerve damage when I was ten. It was the worst pain I'll ever experience in my life and it lasted for about a year, although it still hurts from time to time" I'd probably depress the living hell out of my coworkers. Regardless of how I sugarcoat that story, my coworkers would feel sorry for me, and that simply will no do. The main reason Crippie lied was because my manager was competing in this competition... and you ALWAYS let your superiors win!

So what do you guys think? Was Crippie over-analyzing the situation? Was I right in thinking it's probably not a good idea to bring up traumatic childhood situations at work? If you were having a Pain Off at your office what would you say?

Crippie's Tippie - LET YOUR BOSS WIN EVERYTHING 

3 comments:

  1. Good for you Crippie. You handled it well. I'm not sure what I would have done. It's almost a contest that you don't want to win because everyone feels pain differently. Some gave a low tolerance for pain - others a high tolerance for pain. So it's hard to compare with someone else.
    I would think tho that nerve pain has to be horrendous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's just "screw the pain" and sing Tzena Tzena Tzena when you come
    home from work!
    Love from your Grammy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This evening a lady came into the shop I was at and started on about having painful shingles. I kept myself from saying my disease is like shingles ALL over and it never lets up. I usually don't let anyone know how much pain I am in. As I was leaving 2 ladies ran after me asking if I was OK and gave me hugs. No, I don't have to say anything. Some are intuitive enough to tell.

    I love your blog and am glad I found it.
    Always looking for your stories about the Guinea pigs.

    Ossie's Mom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...