Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Disability Can Be A Pain In The Ass Sometimes

Greetings!

Through Heavens Eyes by Brian Stokes Mitchell on Grooveshark

Another day, another "The Prince Of Egypt" song. "Through Heaven's Eyes" is probably my favorite song from the movie. It's one of those songs that really helps you focus on the positives and realize that your life probably doesn't suck.
Boy howdy, did Crippie need a song like that today. Today was a very bad day pain wise. I don't know if was the weather, Fanny the Ass Tumor, or some other tumor in my pelvic region but the simple act of sitting down was causing Crippie a lot of discomfort. Normally Crippie can sit on a slightly cushioned surface without a problem. Today it felt like I was constantly sitting on a giant rock. Naturally, today would be a day when I had to sit down for about 9 and a half hours at work. Crippie was not impressed by this new development. I've NEVER had issues with sitting before, one of the reasons I chose to become a graphic designer was that I knew that could sit for long periods of time. Of course I can't forget that technically this is making my bum hurt, so that's just embarrassing. Progression of disease sucks.
So, what am I going to do about this? Well, tomorrow I'm probs gonna go obtain some seat cushions, one for my car and one for work. I really don't want to do that because people will think I have a problem with my bum, oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do. Right now I'm literally sitting on NPH (I LOVE HOW THAT SOUNDS) hoping that the heat pack will help. Crippie really hopes this is just some temporary inflammation or something along those lines. If it continues to get worse... surgery number 11.
On the bright side, I was driving home from work, all pissed off because my ass was still uncomfortable in the car... and then I saw something. I saw a rainbow! Crippie got to follow said rainbow home, that has to be a good sign. Right?

To make up for the depressingness of most of this post... here's some guinea pigs
Maggie is puzzled by my camera

Frida wants food now! Look at those lips and teeth!

Holy crap Nellie is fat

Mama Pig snoozing

Aggie with a flower in hair

Crippie's Tippie - Be thankful for what you have while you have it, you never know what can be taken away from you

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you now have an new added problem. I've had problems sitting for a few years now. I've even been known to sit on an ice pack (help's some, but ice packs don't last long as they are not made to sit on.) I can sympathize with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's the weather (fingers crossed). Having a crappy day myself.
    Love our piggies and puppies. They make you smile though the pain :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...